Pumpkin Wishes Halloween Card showcasing Stampin’ Up! Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper (DSP), Cauldron Framelits and Spooky Bats Punch. Cute spooky wishes for a funtastic Halloween.
What’s Not To Love?
Purple, pumpkins, bats, a full moon and a magical witch’s hat. What’s not to love in this card? The stars (no pun intended) of this card are the Toil & Trouble DSP, Black Foil Sheets, Spooky Bat Punch and the Cauldron Framelits. The Spooky Bats Punch is also part of the Spooky Sweets Bundle. The Cauldron Framelits set is also part of the Cauldron Bubble Bundle (go ahead say that 10 times fast.) Save 10% when you buy a bundle.
The card base is 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. The Basic Black Cardstock mats are 5 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, 2″ x 4″ and 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″. The DSP mats are 5″ x 3″, 1 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ and 3″ x 3″.
I love the layout of this card. I’ve used it before and probably will again. It’s versatile and very effective. Click here for another Halloween card that uses this layout.
- Create the center piece by cutting a 3″x3″ piece of the DSP with the bat images. Die cut a “moon” mat using one of the Layering Circle Framelits and a Post-It Note or stamping mask paper. Place the circle mat in the upper right corner of the DSP. Sponge on Distress Oxide Inks (from Tim Holtz/Ranger) to add the spooky layers of colors around the moon mat. Remove the mask and let the ink dry well.
- Die cut a witch’s hat from the DSP using the hat die from the Cauldron Framelits. Trim off the white edges and ink the hat edge using a Stampin’ Write Marker in a coordinating color.
- Fussy cut a pumpkin from the DSP. Add depth to the image using Stampin’ Write markers (or Distress Markers) to color in shadows and highlights. Ink the edges of the pumpkin too.
- Punch bats from the Black Foil Sheets.
- Adhere the hat to the pumpkin and attached the duo to the DSP. Attach the DSP to the Basic Black mat. Attach the bats to the DSP using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals and bend the wings a bit to give depth.
Pumpkin Wishes Halloween Card Project Supply List
Stampin’ Up! News
Stampin’ Up! has added 3 new accessories for the Stamparatus. These include:
- an extra foam mat
- grid paper
- extra Stamparatus plates.
These products are available individually or as part of an accessories pack. Click here to view the Stamparatus and all of it’s accessory goodies.
Stampin’ With Pixie News
- Watermark change – you may have noticed I’m using a much larger watermark and extending is over a larger area of my project photos. This is in an effort to prevent my projects from appearing on websites selling bootleg illegal copies of Stampin’ Up! products. Just so you know – if you see any of my projects appearing on such websites please let me know. I ONLY post project images here on my blog, on the Stampin’ With Pixie Pinterest and Facebook pages and on the Stampin’ With Pixie YouTube channel.
- I’m going to be taking a sabbatical from blogging. This was not a decision easily reached and is a sad one for me. I love sharing the fun of crafting with you. For the time being though other things in my life must take priority. Until I blog again, I hope to have the chance to share the occasional project on Pinterest. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with me. Big virtual hugs to you. I will miss you very much.
Peace, love and two paws up!