Especially For You Gift Card. You can create this beautiful gift card in minutes using the Tea Room Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) and coordinating Tea Room Memories & More Card Pack. It really only takes a few minutes to wow!
Mini Size Card Super Size Fun Maximum Wow
I really love mini cards. They are fun and easy to make but pack a big Wow factor. Who could ask for more? This card is featured in the 2018 Annual Catalog on the Tea Room Suite pages. I liked the original design but decided to change it up a bit by:
- Using the Botanical Bliss Stamp Set for the sentiment and border
- Adding a die cut butterfly and dressing it up a bit with Clear Wink Of Stella. The die cut butterfly comes from the Tea Room Memories & More Card Pack.
- Adding a decorated envelope using the Tea Room Specialty DSP and Whisper White 3″x3″ Envelopes.
To Make The Card
- Make a 3″x3″ card base using Whisper White cardstock.
- Use the Botanical Bliss stamp set and Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ ink to stamp a border along the top and bottom edges of the card front.
- Fussy cut the flower bouquet from a piece of the Tea Room Specialty DSP and punch a butterfly and a few tiny flowers out of the die cut sheets in the Tea Room Memories & More Card Pack.
- Adhere the flower bouquet and die cut flowers to the card front. Step it up idea: adhere the flower bouquet to a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Fussy cut it again and pop it up on the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. The cardstock will give it added strength so it won’t buckle when popped up. Pop up some of the die cut flowers if you like.
- Use Clear Wink of Stella to add sparkle to the butterfly wings. Let it dry and set aside.
- Stamp the “Especially For You” sentiment on a piece of Coastal Cabana Cardstock. Heat emboss it using Whisper White Stampin’ Emboss powder and a heat tool. Die cut out the embossed sentiment using a tag die of your choice.
- Cut a length of 1/8″ Coastal Cabana/Copper ribbon from the Tea Room Ribbon Combo. Fold it a few times or create a bow. Adhere it to the card front at an angle.
- Pop up the tag on the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Pop up the butterfly using two layers of mini Stampin’ Dimensionals so that it appears to be sitting on the edge of the tag.
To Make The Envelope
- Place the envelope flap face down on the back of a piece of coordinating Tea Room Specialty DSP. Trace it and cut it out. Flip it over and adhere it to the card flap.
- Alternatively – cut a piece of the coordinating Tea Room Specialty DSP that is slightly larger than the flap. Adhere it with multipurpose glue. Let it dry and trim it to fit the flap.
An Alternative Design Ideas
Alternative designs for the Especially For You Gift Card include:
- Adhere a piece of vellum over the card front after you adhere the flower bouquet (Step 4).
- Use a piece of embossed acetate from the Tea Room Memories & More Card Pack instead of the vellum. if you use the embossed vellum consider skipping the stamped border if the designs conflict.
- Use elements from the Tea Room Copper Vinyl Stickers to create the border and/or to decorate the butterflies and tag.
Especially For You Gift Card Featured Products
Reminder: Lots Of Good Things Are Happening
Stampin’ Up! is hopping! Here are a few reminders of what’s happening right now.
- Bonus Days – Bonus Days started August 1st! Earn coupons in August and redeem them in September for big savings. Click here to learn how to earn and redeem your coupons.
- Color Your Season – Stampin’ Up! is offering the amazing Color Your Season products for a limited-time only. This special release includes a phenomenal die set and a new collection of watercolor pencils among other really special items. Available only until August 31 or while supplies last. Get the details here.
- Host Gift – This month’s Stampin’ With Pixie Host Gift is the uber-versatile Subtle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I plan to use this folder to create linen-textured cardstock. I won’t need to buy special cardstock anymore. Click here to learn how to get this TIEF for FREE!
- Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% on items in the Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack.
- Bundles – Save 10% on Bundles. Automatic stamp and die coordination plus a 10% savings – this is the way to go!
- Subscribe To The Stampin’ With Pixie monthly newsletter – get a free exclusive tutorial and even the occasional subscriber-only sneak peek/heads up. Subscribe to my blog posts and get a free tutorial. To subscribe click the Subscribe Here button on the Stampin’ With Pixie home page.
Thanks for spending a few minutes with me today. I hope you have fun making the beautiful Especially For You Gift Card. it is sure to wow the recipient.
Peace, love and two paws up!