Show Your Love With This Serene Garden Anniversary Card. This gorgeous anniversary card was made using the new Serene Garden Bundle from the 2018-19 Annual Catalog. Read on to learn how to make it and where to purchase the needed supplies.
My Favorite New Bundle – Serene Garden
Love, love, love this Bundle. It’s my fav in the new catalog (coming Friday, June 1). If you could see my personal copy of the catalog you would see itty bitty tags on almost EVERY page to mark things on my Wishlist so when I say this Bundle is my fav is a big deal. The 8 images in the Serene Garden photopolymer stamp set are STUNNING. They remind you of art deco, chinoiserie and arabic ornaments. The star of the show, however, is the Garden Scene Framelits die set. Holy cannoli! This coordinating 6-die set die cuts several of the images from the stamp set. It also contains a gorgeous dry embossing die with a beautiful floral image that perfectly fits a corner or edge. You can this die alone to dry emboss as I have done with this card or you can pair it with accompanying stamp to create a stunning mixed media result. Don’t miss the border die (upper right in the picture) either. This set is packed with possibilities. You can buy this Bundle starting June 1 at 2:00 p.m. EST when the new annual catalog goes live.
Messy Is Okay
Watercoloring is not usually my thing. Messy makes me nervous. Sometimes though messy is perfect. These art deco flowers and leaves look really good with splashes of watercolored purples, greens and a touch of brown. Coloring outside the lines is okay when you watercolor. Colors used include: Wisteria Wonder (retiring), Elegant Eggplant (retiring), Soft Sea Foam, Balmy Blue and Crumb Cake. The images were stamped on watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Tip – let the ink set before watercoloring. Use a heat tool to speed up the process.
Very Vanilla Is Closer Than Whisper White
Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Paper is a light ivory color. It pairs better with Very Vanilla cardstock than with Whisper White cardstock. Tip – add a coordinating purple cardstock mat behind the watercolor paper paper to really make the design pop. I planned to do this but completely forgot it when I assembled the card. *sigh*
Fun With Dies and Embossing Mats
I used the brand new Big Shot Embossing Mats set to make using the Garden Scene embossing die even more foolproof on the thick Very Vanilla cardstock. Use this mat set to turn all of your favorite Framelits, Thinlits, and Edgelits dies into embossing dies! Think of all the value added to all of your dies! Use these mats with dies that have decorative ejection holes for additional embossing. Or use them with cutting dies to emboss instead of cut. This set is brand new in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog. Stampin’ Up! will soon release a new video featuring these mats and how to use them. Stay tuned! I’ll share it with you when it’s released.
The card base is 5 1/2″h x 4 1/4″w in Very Vanilla Cardstock. Mat 1 is Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock and measures 51/2″h x 3 3/4″w. Note: Mat 1 was trimmed down to this size AFTER embossing. Mat 3 (watercolor paper) is 4″h x 3 3/8″w. The die cut images were stamped on watercolor paper, colored and then die cut. A scrap strip of Wisteria Wonder cardstock was used to make the banner.
Show Your Love With This Serene Garden Anniversary Card Shopping List
Here’s your shopping list for the Stampin’ Up! products used to make this anniversary card. Please note: the Serene Garden Bundle, Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad, Soft Sea Foam Classic Stampin’ Pad and Big Shot Embossing Mats are not available for purchase until Friday (June 1).
Get Ready For The Big Day But Don’t Forget
- Get your Wishlist ready for the new catalog launch this Friday but don’t forget the old catalog is retiring AND so is the Occasions Catalog. That means things like the Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant colors used to make this card are going bye-bye. Retiring products are available until May 31st or while supplies last. Click here to learn about the Last Chance (Retiring) Products including discounts.
- Lots of colors are walking the plank (retiring) as part of the incredible 2018 Color Revamp. Check out the retiring color details here and order your favorite retiring color products before they are gone.
- Tons of new and returning colors are part of the Revamp too. Sneak a peek at all the Color Revamp changes here.
- If you want a free hardcopy of the new 2018-19 Annual Catalog become a Stampin’ With Pixie Preferred Customer. Here’s how.
- GDPR and You – The General Data Protection Regulation went into effect on May 25. While it’s an European Union law it affects all businesses that use and/or store user data no matter how temporarily. Check out how it affected Stampin’ With Pixie and what it means to you by clicking here. Your action is required if you want to keep receiving Stampin’ With Pixie blog post and/or the monthly newsletter emails. No worries though – the action is REALLY easy. Just a click here and there.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the Share Your Love With This Serene Garden Anniversary Card post and that you have a blast making it. Have fun watercoloring!