The Stampin’ Up! Perennial Birthday Project Kit provides everything you need to make 16 birthday cards and store them in an adorable card box. Read on for the Stampin’ Up! Perennial Birthday Project Kit Basics and Step Up Ideas. View the kit contents, the four basic card layouts and then learn how to step up two of the layouts using kit contents and a few additional Stampin’ Up! supplies.
Perennial Birthday Project Kit – One Heck Of A Kit
This is one heck of a card kit. It includes the components for making 16 (sixteen!!!) birthday cards, 4 each of 4 designs, plus the box to store them in. Keep ahead by recording birthdays on the customizable-tabbed dividers for month-at-a-glance reminders. The storage box is worth the price of admission. A-dor-a-ble and very well constructed. It’s sturdy and will hold many cards. There is an amazing amount of product in this kit! I can’t believe the price is only $27.00. Look at all the goodies that are included in the kit!
* 16 printed card bases, folded size 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
* 16 white Medium Envelopes
* 12 printed tabbed dividers, 6-3/8″ x 5-1/4″ (16.2 x 13.3 cm)
* printed and white die-cut accents
* gold foil sticker sheets with month names in English, French, and German
* gold 5/8″ (1.6 cm) satin ribbon
* Dapper Denim Solid Baker’s Twine
* printed storage box, 6-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ (17.2 x 13.3 x 9.5 cm)
Did you notice the gold-metallic embossing on some of the decorative papers and die cuts? Wow! Note: to make the cards as shown in the kit instructions you also need the Perennial Birthday stamp set and Stampin’ Up! Classic Stampin’ Pads in Dapper Denim, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Wisteria Wonder.
Stampin’ Up! Perennial Birthday Project Kit Basics and Step Up Ideas
There is so much going on with this kit. To make the four basic layouts follow the instructions that come with the kit. Stampin’ Up! has also produced a video that walks through the basic kit contents and supplements the project instructions with tips.
Kit Contents and Card Making Tips
Two extra Pixie Tips just for you. 1) Use Stampin’ Write Markers in coordinating colors to ink stamps with multiple colors at the same time. Use this approach to stamp the floral images. 2) Use the Stamparatus to help you easily align sentiments on the label die cuts and to layer multiple images on the envelopes.
Step It Up Ideas
You can easily step your card creations up to the next level. Shown above are two examples of stepped-up versions of the Floral Birthday Cheers card and the Blooms For You card. Apply the same techniques to step up any of the four basic layouts in the kit.
- Mix & Match Bases To Create Layers – Combine the decorative paper card bases to create fantastic layers. Don’t worry about what to mix and match. All of the colors and image designs in the kit are perfectly coordinated so you can’t go wrong.
- Rearrange Layouts – Rotate the card layouts and/or move layout elements to jazz up the design. Use a different tag or die cut than the one specified in the instructions. Position a tag or die cut in a different place on the layout. Change ink colors. Convert a horizontal card into a vertical card or vice-versa.
- Decorate The Envelopes – A SUPER easy way to take your card to the next level. Use corresponding stamps and ink colors to decorate the envelope.
- Mat Tags & Die Cuts – mat the decorative tags and die cuts using coordinating cardstock. Pop the matted element up using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Multiple layers and added dimension always add interest and depth to a card.
I hope you found The Stampin’ Up! Perennial Birthday Project Kit Basics and Step Up Ideas post helpful. If you did, here’s a bit of homework for you:
- Make some Perennial Birthday Project Kit cards and share your stepped-up versions. Let’s do a virtual swap! Post your versions on my Facebook page.
- Get your free April 2018 Stampin’ With Pixie Host Gift. To view this month’s free gift and learn how to get one click here.
- Get a free tutorial when you subscribe to the Stampin’ With Pixie monthly newsletter and/or blog updates. Subscribers also get an exclusive tutorial each month. Subscribe here.
- Save up to 70% at the Clearance Rack and save 10% on Bundles!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
Stampin’ Up! Perennial Birthday Project Kit Basics and Step Up Ideas Supply List
Peace, love and two paws up! Have a great weekend!