Send Heartfelt Thoughts Using The Heartfelt Blooms Stamp Set to create this beautiful handmade card. Stamped in the deep purple of Elegant Eggplant using the GORGEOUS Heartfelt Blooms stamp set it is an elegant way to send your heartfelt greetings to a loved one. This is my last project using a Sale-A-Bration 2018 stamp set. It’s my Sale-A-Bration finale.
Pixie’s Tips & Techniques
Heartfelt Blooms – Gorgeous Stamp Set Going Soon
The Heartfelt Blooms stamp set is a Stampin’ Up! “Distinktive” stamp set. This absolutely stunning floral stamp lays down ink at different opacities giving the image a photographic finish. The overall appearance of the stamp set is unique. The flower bouquet has a vintage hand-drawn look. It is just lovely. The font on the sentiments matches the flowers perfectly. Here’s the thing – this is a Sale-A-Bration Reward at the $50-level. That means you can get it for FREE when you place an order of $50+ during Sale-A-Bration BUT Sale-A-Bration ends TOMORROW!!!! March 31. So if you want this stamp set you better get it before it’s gone. To learn all about Sale-A-Bration and sell all the free goodies you can earn click here.
Check out this Heartfelt Blooms video by Stampin’ Up!:
The layered flower bouquet image in the center of the card is made using the “triple stamp technique”. You can make any number of layers using variations of this method. It looks hard but is actually very easy. Simply figure out how many layers you want. For this card, I chose to make three layers. Die cut three nested oval layers from Very Vanilla Cardstock. Layer the die cuts and stamp on them while they are layered. Don’t worry if there are gaps in the stamped image because of the layers. You are going to insert cardstock mats in between the layers so the gaps won’t even show. Here are some tips for making this easier:
- Use a nesting die set like the Stampin’ Up! Layering Ovals Framelits. Select the dies for your images AND the dies for the Elegant Eggplant Cardstock mats at the same time so you can make sure they fit together perfectly. Remember to cut the Very Vanilla Cardstock with ONLY the ovals on which you want to stamp the image (not the ones for the mats).
- Nest the dies BEFORE you cut the Very Vanilla Cardstock. Use either low-tack removeable tape on the non-cutting side to hold them in place or a magnetic die-cutting platform. I’m low tech so I just use tape. Run them through the Big Shot.
- Use low-tack tape on the backside to hold the die cut Very Vanilla Cardstock ovals in place while you are stamping.
For more tips on using this type of stamping technique read by earlier “Thoughts & Prayers Sympathy Card” post.
Petals & More More More
I should tell you that I was going to buy this die set JUST for the “extras” even though I wasn’t going to buy the coordinating stamp set. I know – weird. But the extras like the border, bouquet and tag dies are SO useful that it was worth the price of admission. This is all because I fell in love with the stamp set of course. Look at the sentiment tag on the Heartfelt Thoughts card! It frames the sentiment perfectly and the sentiment doesn’t even come from a coordinated stamp set! I’ll be using these dies over and over. Just in case you want it ALL (and who doesn’t?) the Petals & More Thinlits dies are part of the Petal Palette Bundle. Save 10% when you buy the Bundle (available while the Occasions Catalog is live.)
Make Your Own Embellies
Sadly, I didn’t have any Stampin’ Up! ribbon in Elegant Eggplant (sad face emoji) so I made my own. I colored a length of Gold Natural Trim using my Elegant Eggplant Stampin’ Write Marker and dried it using my Heat Tool. Happy accident – the heat tool caused the ribbon to pucker a bit while it was drying. It added this wonderful shabby-chic look! If you don’t mind inky fingers, coloring ribbon is fun and creates the perfect accent.
Don’t Forget Your Flaps
I Hope You Enjoyed This Post
If you did then please be sure to:
- Check out my free Stampin’ With Pixie Host Gift. There’s is one day left to earn the March Host Gift – adorable gold mini clips. To learn how you can get this goodie click here.
- Get a free tutorial when you subscribe to the Stampin’ With Pixie monthly newsletter and/or blog updates. Each month you’ll also receive a free exclusive tutorial. Subscribe here.
- Save up to 70% at the Clearance Rack and save 10% on Bundles!
- Get Your Sale-A-Bration on before it ends!
- Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube.
I hope you have fun making the Heartfelt Thoughts Card. Happy Easter Everyone! Peace, love and two paws up!