This cute little gift bag was made using the Stampin’ Up! Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper and Envelope Punch Board. It’s quick, cute and perfect for gift giving.
Tips & Techniques
- Pootles Bag Magic – the template for the gift bag and bow was designed by the amazing Sam Hammond aka Pootles. She is a paper engineer/magician! The bag and bow can be made in a snap using the Stampin’ Up! Envelope punch board. For Sam’s video tutorial about how to make the bag, click here. For a general tutorial on how to make paper bows using the Envelope Punch Board, visit the We R Memory Keepers YouTube channel.
- Merry Little Christmas DSP Mix & Match – I’ve been in a non-standard Christmas colors mood for a while. Mixing the black & white Christmas tree paper with Old Olive stripped paper turned out to be a surprise for me. It kind of has an old-fashioned almost-Victoria feel. BTW – this DSP is retiring when the Holiday Catalog goes away (Jan 2) so get it while you can.
P.S. – The color inspiration for the project came from the coordinating colors for the Merry Little Christmas DSP. Go figure.
- Love My Scallop Tag Topper Punch – Oh I just love this punch! Quick, well finished tags without having to haul out my Big Shot. Sometimes a girl just needs to get things done in a hurry ya know? Anywho – I actually punched two tags: one in Whisper White, one in the Old Olive stripped DSP. Then I split the DSP and offset it on the back of the tag to get that nice matting effect. I love it!
- Oh What Fun the Oh What Fun! Stamp Set Is – Love this combination of images and sentiments from this Oh What Fun! stamp set. Just stamped away mixing and matching then add a bit of Old Olive here and there using an Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker. Simple but effective.
- Bling When You Can – You know me. If there is an opportunity to bling somethin’ then I’m gonna do it. Added the Clear Faceted Gem to the paper bow because it needed it. Love it!
Stampin’ Up! Products Used
Here are the Stampin’ Up! supplies you’ll need to make this bag, bow and tag.
Stampin’ Up! Year-End Sales Event – The Year-End Sales Event is in full swing now through Jan 2. Products are available while supplies last. Get more Year-End Sales Event information here.
Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog Retiring List – Stampin’ Up! has issued the list of retiring Holiday Catalog products. Some are on sale as part of the Year-End Sales Event. Either way – they are available for purchase through Jan 2 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Click here to get the retiring list details and click here to see the list of retiring products.
Christmas Shipping Deadline – It’s almost here! To make sure you get your Stampin’ Up! goodies in time for Christmas gifting, place your Stampin’ Up! orders BEFORE December 14th.
Thanks for stopping by today. I’ll post a couple of Christmas card project ideas later this week so remember to check back in. Hope you have fun making this gift bag. Peace, love and two paws up!