Home Tweet Home! Send a heart-warming Welcome Home greeting with this card. I made it using the Best Birds Bundle (retiring), the Wood Words stamp sets and the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack (DSPS). The Wood Words stamp set and the Wood Textures DSPS are part of the new Wood Textures Suite.
Wood Textures – For More Than Just Father’s Day
When I first saw the Wood Textures DSPS I thought, “Great! Something to help with those masculine birthday cards and Father’s Day cards.” But it’s soooo much more than that. I quickly realized just how versatile this paper is. For example the photo-realistic woodgrain of this paper really makes the cute flowers and beautiful birds just pop off this card! Even better – the Wood Textures DSPS is a huge bargain! It comes with 48 sheets of 6″x6″ paper that include 4 each of 12 double-sided designs. Did you catch that? 48 sheets! 12 double-sided designs!!! 4 each of those! Excellent price point. That right there is your WOW for the day! You’re welcome.
How-To Techniques & Tips
1) Don’t panic! It’s easy to make a birdhouse card. Just cut and score yer basic 4 ¼”w x 5 ½”h card using any of Stampin’ Up! Neutrals cardstock. I used Soft Suede (yummy). Find the center of the top edge of the card. Use a straight ruler to draw diagonal line 2” (approximately) down each side. Grab your scissors and cut along the line you drew. Bingo! Basic birdhouse shape!
2) Cut a 4 ¼”x5 ½” piece of the Wood Textures DSPS and repeat step one to trim it to fit the front of your birdhouse. Use adhesive to adhere it to the front.
3) Grab your favorite circle dies or punch. Pick a size you want to use to create the opening for your birdhouse. Die cut or punch the circle in the front of your card. I used the Layering Circles Framelits dies. I picked one that allowed me to leave enough room for the birds AND for part of the sentiment to peek through.
4) Pick another pattern of the Wood Textures DSPS and cut two thin strips. Use scissors, dies or punches to create a decorative trim along the edge of each. Trim them to fin the top edge (roofline) of your birdhouse and adhere them. Don’t worry too much about where they join. You’re going to add your sentiment tag there so nobody will see the join.
5) Stamp and die cut flowers, branches, leaves and birds to your heart’s content. Grab your pencils, markers, crayons, chalk, watercolors or whatever you please to color the images. It’s SOOOOOO relaxing and fun. Takes me right back to being 6 years old (a vintage year!)
6) Glue your beautiful flowers, branches and one bird to the front of the card. Position the other bird inside the card so it peeks out.
7) Cut a circular piece of Whisper White cardstock that is just a bit larger than the opening of the birdhouse. Stamp or write the sentiment on it and glue it inside the card.
8) Create the “Welcome” tag/sign for the front of the card using the Wood Words stamp set (see below). Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White. Trim it with your trimmer and/or scissors to create the banner. Adhere it to a scrap piece of the Wood Textures DSP. Trim it to create a cute little Welcome Home Sign and adhere it to the front of your card.
What Do You Do Now?
Why you add Best Birds, Wood Textures DSPS and Wood Words to your new Stampin’ Up! Catalog Wishlist of course! (Note: if you want the Best Birds Bundle and to save 10% then you need to order it before May 31. Here’s why.) Then on June 1, order those babies right away when the new catalog goes live. I think Wood Textures DSPS will sell very fast because it can be used in many ways and contains a HUGE amount of paper and designs.
Want A Copy Of The New Catalog?
Don’t have a hardcopy of the new catalog? Here’s how you can get one.
Tick Tock! Tick Tock! Retiring Products Will Soon Be Gone!
Come June 1 – buh-bye retiring products! To see them (and buy them) before they are gone click here.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!