“Oh she flies through the air with the greatest of ease. That daring young piggy on her spark-e-ly wings…” Say hello to Miss Matilda. She’s a porcine pilot. She’s a flying wonder pig! Miss Matilda is adorable! She has every reason to be proud of herself. She believed she could so she did. She went for it, against all odds, and she flew! Miss Matilda makes a perfect congratulations or encouragement card for any achiever. Her perfect piggyness was brought to life using the This Little Piggy stamp set (new in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog).
Miss Matilda’s Beauty Secrets
Here are Miss Matilda’s tips for achieving pig-tastic results and a swine-tabulous look:
- Miss Matilda is a firm believer in bling. It’s hard to see but Miss Matilda is rather sparkly. Her clouds, her wings and even her little toes are blinged out! Her clouds are lined with glitter (just like silver) and her toes have a sparkled pedicure provided by Wink of Stella.
- She practices couture coordination to create the perfect ensemble. This includes everything from her lovely piggy-pink shade of Powder Pink (2017-19 In Color Stampin’ Classic Ink pad and Stampin’ Write Marker) to the patterned Specialty Designer Series Paper mat (Affectionately Yours). The Affectionately Yours paper brings out the pink in her cheeks! (Please note: Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper is a retiring product and will not be available after May 31, 2017.)
- Miss Matilda never forgets to strike a pose. Appearance is everything after all! She has several favorite poses. They are all captured in the This Little Piggy stamp set.
- Speaking of striking a pose… When she’s modeling, she insists on the right backdrop. The handmade cloud is a simple sketch (by her glam squad of course) on Whisper White cardstock. The cloud is lightly edged with colored pencils and Wink of Stella. The same is true for the smaller clouds that were stamped using a cloud stamp in the This Little Piggy set.
- Accessorize! Accessorize! Accessorize! Miss Matilda knows a simple bit of thread or ribbon here and there adds the perfect finishing touch to an ensemble. Her little pink bows are bits of embroidery floss that match her blush.
- Just like the perennial favorite little black dress, Miss Matilda thinks Basic Black cardstock never fails to make colors pop while also slimming the figure.
This Little Piggy’s Estimated Time of Arrival
The This Little Piggy stamp set will be available for purchase on June 1st when the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog becomes active. To learn more about how to get a copy of the new catalog click here. To order any of the currently available products used to make this card, visit my online store.
Products Used To Create Miss Matilda and Her Card
Farewell to the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog
The 2016-2017 Annual Catalog is leaving soon. Just a reminder that many products are retiring with it to make room for brand new stuff. Click here to see the list of retiring products. These products are available only while supplies last so get your shop on!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! Peace, love and paws up!