Colorful Creativity Beautifully Blended
On November 1, 2017 Stampin’ Up! will launch a line of premier alcohol markers called Stampin’ Blends™. These are high-quality dual-tipped markers. They will initially be available in 12 Stampin’ Up! colors plus 2 skin tones (ivory, bronze) and 1 color lifter. Each of the 12 Stampin’ Up! colors will have a light and a dark shade to make image shading a breeze. You don’t need to be an artist to use this but you will look like when when you craft with them. My favorite part – Stampin’ Up! colors means easily coordinated looks. They will work seamlessly with everything else Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Blends Features
- Each dual-ended marker has a brush-tip and fine-point nib. Add just the right amount of color where you need it by choosing the brush tip or fine-point nib.
- Each color (except Ivory and Bronze) has a light and dark shade marker, available individually or in a combo pack.
- Each marker has a press-fit seal that prevents air from entering the barrel and causing evaporation.
- The nestable lids are easy to keep track of and have a tight fit for long-lasting color.
- The initial 12 Stampin’ Up! Colors are:
Stampin’ Blends Giveaway
Stampin’ Up! is so excited about the Stampin’ Blends release they are holding a Stampin’ Blends Giveaway! beginning 10/7 and running through 10/31, 2017. Share, like, or comment on Stampin’ Up!’s Stampin’ Blends Facebook post for a chance to win a Stampin’ Blends Marker Collection or a Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack. View complete rules and details here.
While Supplies Last – Color Me Happy Stamp Set and Kit
To get you started creating with Stampin’ Blends, Stampin’ Up! will offer a special Color Me Happy Project Kit and coordinating rubber stamp set (wood- or clear-mount). The kit makes 16 cards, 4 each of 4 designs. Each kit includes 16 card bases, 16 envelopes (4 each of 4 printed designs), gold foil accents, die-cut cardstock backgrounds and accents, printed and gold foil die-cut accents, white baker’s twine, Pool Party mini tassels, circle and star sequins, and gold foil tape! The kit and stamp set are available as a Bundle so you can save 10%. NOTE: The Color Me Happy Project Kit will be available while supplies last. In conjunction with the kit, the Color Me Happy Stamp Set will be available as long as kit supplies last.
Stampin’ Blends Brochure
Stampin’ Up! has put together a nifty little brochure to introduce the Stampin’ Blend markers. The brochure contains color swatches and shares tips for using the markers. It also lists the marker, kit and bundle prices. To download a copy of the brochure, click here.
Launch Date: November 1, 2017. Stampin’ Blends will be available for purchase on this date on any type of order (customer, demonstrator or workshop). Stampin’ Blends can be ordered as part of a new demonstrator’s Starter Kit too.
Catalogs: Stampin’ Blends will also be available in upcoming catalogs like the Occasions Catalog (Spring 2018) etc. Current prices (see Stampin’ Blends brochure) are guaranteed through May 31, 2018.
No Minimum Order: There is no minimum order required to be able to purchase the Stampin’ Blends.
Ready! Set! Color!
I’ll be sharing projects with you over the coming months to inspire your creativity and share tips for using the markers. I hope you’re already excited about these markers! Get ready to color and blend like crazy. Pick your favorite colors and make a wishlist so you’re all ready to go on November 1.
Season Of Thanks
The Thanksgiving season is a perfect time to remember all the people, events and things for which we are grateful. It’s nice to share the gratitude with a thoughtful gift to tell someone how much we care. I made this Seasonal Layers Gift Box to hold a Thanksgiving hostess gift.
Tips & Techniques
• Layering. When I talk about layering I usually mean the cardstock and Designer Series Paper mats layered behind stamped images or sentiments. Those are part of the decorations on this gift box but there are other types of layers here too. The die cut leaves, ribbon and even the label are layers. They add depth and interest. Plus – they’re fun to play with. Everybody loves to play with the doodads on gift boxes and cards. The leaves were die cut using the Seasonal Layers Thinlits dies.
• Glossy White Cardstock, Ink & Alcohol Spritz Technique. See the glossy leaves in peeking out from behind the detailed foil leaf die cuts? These were die cut from Glossy White cardstock and colored using ink refills and alcohol. Pick 2-3 coordinating Classic Stampin’ Ink Refills. Cut two pieces of Glossy White cardstock in equal sizes. Make the pieces large enough to fit the dies you are going to use. Fill a Stampin’ Spritzer with rubbing alcohol. Liberally spritz one piece of Glossy White cardstock with alcohol. Drip dots of the refill ink on the dampened cardstock. Spritz the other piece with alcohol and smoosh the two pieces together glossy side to glossy side. Rub them around a bit to mix the ink. Carefully peel them apart. If you like how the colors mixed let them dry. Otherwise – spritz and smoosh again until you are happy. Be careful adding the drops of ink. The refill ink is VERY strong and you can over ink. You’ll end up with muddy colors. When the paper has dried, die cut the leaves.
• Surprising Mix of Autumn Colors. The whole color scheme for the gift box is based on the acorn paper from the Painted Autumn DSP. I like the design because it pairs shades of gray with shades of brown. Something different than standard Autumn color combinations. The grays in the paper almost have a touch of lavender in them. Very challenging. The color inspiration for the gift box is shown below. The three core colors are Smoky Slate, Cajun Craze and Chocolate Chip. The Copper and Champagne Foil are there for zing and shine.
• Decorate The Box Sides Too. This gift box is a pretty good size. Sometimes empty space is a good thing but when I stepped back to look at the box the sides were just too bare. Simple layered strips of Smoky Slate cardstock and Painted Autumn DSP dressed the sides up without being “too much.”
• Ribbon To Soften The Look. The overall feel of this gift box is masculine but since I want to give it to a holiday party hostess, I needed to soften it a bit. The Basic Gray 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon layered behind the gift label adds a feminine touch. The 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon is so easy to work with and has a lovely sheen to it. The stitching is classic.
Stampin’ Up! Shopping List
Stamp Set: Labels To Love; Papers: Painted Autumn DSP, Smoky Slate Cardstock, Chocolate Chip Cardstock, Copper Foil Sheets, Champagne Foil Sheets, Glossy White Cardstock; Punch: Everyday Label Punch; Dies: Seasonal Layers Thinlits; Embellishments: Basic Gray 3/8″ Satin Stitched Ribbon; Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin’ Pad, Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill, Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill, Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill; Tools: Stampin’ Spritzer.
Just For You
When you subscribe to my blog or my newsletter, you receive a free template for this gift box. Existing subscribers should already have received a copy. If you didn’t, please email me ([email protected]). To subscribe, enter your email address in the Subscribe Here box on my blog’s homepage and follow the prompts. Thanks very much!
Thanks for visiting! Hope you have a great day! Peace, love and two paws up!