Take One Card Layout Add Two Designer Series Papers Make Four Cards. Sometimes one plus two equals four. Read on to learn how to quickly make four clean and simple greeting cards using one simple layout, two pretty paper collections and one stamp set.
Make Design Easy – Use Card Layouts
I’m always trying to learn new ways to make it easier and faster to make cards. Susan Itell (Simple Stampin’) is an ace at maximizing crafting time. She inspired this post. There are many talented creative paper crafters sharing card design ideas and layouts on the internet. You can use their ideas to jump start your own creativity. Make design easy – use Pinterest or Google to search for “card layouts” to find a card layout you like. Use the layout as a starting point and then modify it while you create your cards. The layout for these cards is based on a design by Wee Inklings.
Take One Card Layout Add Two Designer Series Papers Make Four Cards
Pick your favorite card layout. Select two Designer Series Paper (DSP) collections and pick two favs from each pack. These will be the mats for the card front. The layout I picked showcases the DSP. Stampin’ Up! DSP is fantastic all by itself. Every once in a while it deserves to be center stage. This time I’m showcasing the Tutti-Frutti and Picture Perfect Party DSPs. Both are retiring this year. (*sigh*) Get ’em while you can. They are so stinkin’ cute. I have REALLY fallen for Tutti-Frutti. Click here to order them from my online store.
Trim, Stamp and Decorate
Card dimensions are:
Base – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Mat 1 (DSP) – 5 1/4″ x 4″. Long banner* – 1 1/2″ x 4 1/2″. Short banner* – 1″ x 4″. *Banner sizes are approximate. If you use the Banner Triple Punch to create the banners, follow the punch instructions to select a banner width and trim the banner to fit your card as desired.
Play With The Layout
Use the layout as is for all four cards or play with the elements to create four different looks. Rearrange elements, rotate the card orientation and/or use different products to create the various elements. For example – use ribbon for one or more of the banners instead of cardstock. Use DSP scraps to create the coordinating banners.
One Stamp Set Multiple Sentiments
A good sentiment stamp set goes a long way. It definitely makes it much easier to quickly produce multiple sentiments on multiple cards. The Just Add Text stamp set has 6 sentiments all in different fonts. Two of the sentiments are decorated with artwork. One is a “reverse” image in that the stamp actually creates a background that highlights the white text sentiment in the center. Love this set. It too is retiring. You know the drill – get it while supplies last.
Stamp and Die Cut
Stamp the sentiments using black ink (Tuxedo Black) and then die cut them using the Layering Ovals Framelits dies. Snip snap! Four sentiment ovals done and ready to mount. Step up the layout design by adding embellishments if you wish.
Use the Banner Triple Punch to create the banners. Make both banners from cardstock or switch it up by using a ribbon for one of the banners or use just one banner. BTW – these banners are a great way to use up scraps of cardstock, DSP or ribbon.
Keep It Simple Or Add Embellishments & Dimension
Add ribbons, embellishments and/or Stampin’ Dimensionals to step up the layout design. You can also keep it simple and use the layout as is. Embellishments used on my cards include the Whisper White 1/4″ Organza Ribbon (retiring), Pear Pizzazz 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon, Brights Enamels Shapes (retiring) and White Perfect Accents (retiring). I also used Wink of Stella Clear to add sparkle to the stripes on the Picture Perfect Party DSP. Click on each image to view the product in my online store.
These are the colors used in these cards.
Reminders & News
- Did you enjoy this post? Did it contain information you found helpful or inspiring? Then please subscribe to receive Stampin’ With Pixie blog posts and/or the monthly newsletter in your Inbox. Visit the Stampin’ With Pixie blog homepage to subscribe.
- Coming VERY soon – On May 1 you can pre-order items from the new Share What You Love Suite. This pre-order is PACKED with new products. Checkout the Stampin’ Up! video about this awesome Suite and pre-order opportunity.
- Time is running out to get your free April 2018 Stampin’ With Pixie Host Gift. To view this month’s free gift and learn how to get one click here.
- Save up to 70% at the Clearance Rack while supplies last and save 10% on Bundles!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
The Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack Has Been Updated. This update includes some of the most popular items from the Holiday Catalog and some that coordinate perfectly with new/returning colors like Mint Macaron etc.
Save Up To 60% While Supplies Last
You can save big buying from the Clearance Rack. Clearance items usually sell out pretty fast. Don’t miss out. Here are a few things that caught my eye:
- Ribbon and Embellishments – I always start here because I can use them all year long on all kinds of projects. Two of my favorites on the Clearance Rack are the Black Rhinestone Jewels and the 5/8″ Mint Macaron Mini Striped Ribbon. Mint Macaron is one of the returning colors. Click here to read about the huge color revamp.
- Designer Series Paper (DSP) – The Clearance Rack has some of the most popular DSP collections and the prices are ultra low. At first glance, the selection seems on the holiday side but take a closer look. The “B” side of all Stampin’ Up! DSP can be used for multiple occasions and multiple seasons. Click here for a Painted Autumn “B” side project. The GORGEOUS Year of Cheer DSP makes absolutely FAB wedding cards, gift boxes etc.
- Dies and Punches – The die set and punch price cuts are amazing. The Card Front Builder Dies set is my fav on the Clearance Rack. The die cuts are so versatile and beautiful. Here are some of the projects I made with it:
Updates, Reminders and News
- Color Revamp Summary Charts: Just for you – two charts summarizing the Stampin’ Up! 2018 Color Revamp. Click on each image to download.
- Check Out The Stampin’ Up! Products Walking The Plank: Loads of Stampin’ Up! items are retiring. Check out the retiring lists and buy your favs while they last. Click here to learn more.
- Coming Soon! A Pre-Order Opportunity: The new catalog launches June 1. On May 1, you’ll have a chance to pre-order items from the new Share What You Love Suite. This pre-order is PACKED with awesome products. As a demo, I had a chance to pre-order already and I’ll be showing you the new products next week. In the meantime, here’s a little tease.
Hope You Enjoyed This Post
I hope you enjoyed the Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack Has Been Updated post. If you found the information helpful, fun and/or inspiring, please subscribe to my newsletter and blog posts updates. Get blog updates, Stampin’ Up! News and promotions delivered right to your Inbox. Get an exclusive free monthly tutorial too! To subscribe enter your email information and subscription selections on the Stampin’ With Pixie home page. All of your information is protected and NEVER shared with a 3rd party. Click here to subscribe.