Love this Sale-A-Bration Party Pandas Happy Birthday Shaker Card made using uber cute pandas and the very happy Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper (DSP). Both of these products are Sale-A-Bration Rewards.
Shake It But Don’t Break It
Shaker cards are SO much fun to make and to give. They always make people smile. I love to fill mine with sparkly things like sequins. Combine that with the smoochable little panda bear in the center of the shaker and you’ve got a hit. You just can’t stop shaking the card to watch the sequins fall down around the bear.
Sale-A-Bration Party Pandas Happy Birthday Shaker Card Tips
Foam Adhesive Strips – Shaker Card Secret Weapon
The Stampin’ Up! Foam Adhesive Strips are the secret to great shaker cards. The adhesive is strong so you don’t have to worry about the card coming apart. Best of all – the strips bend really easily so you can shape them to fit almost any opening.
Does it get any cuter than the images in this stamp set? Three huggable little pandas, fun sentiments and those a-dor-a-ble background mini shapes. So much use and fun in one stamp set!
Bubble, Bubble Fizz & Smiles
Alright – so I wasn’t all that thrilled when I originally saw the Bubbles & Fizz DSP in the catalog. No magical instant inspiration or “I gotta have that” moment. I selected it as one of my $50-level rewards anyway because if there is one thing I’ve learned about Stampin’ Up! DSP – there is always a surprise. This paper did not fail to disappoint. The bright cheery colors and the ‘B’ side designs are awesome! Now I wish I had earned 2 packs of this paper.
Stampin’ Blends Add Just A Touch of Color
To give the pandas more dimension I used Stampin’ Blends markers to add just a touch of color. The Crumb Cake Light marker softened using the Color Lifter marker adds a soft shading effect.
Make An Easy Shaker
This is a very simple shaker. Three easy steps:
- Step 1 – Cut two pieces of Bubbles & Fizz DSP; one slightly smaller than the other. The smaller piece is visible inside the shaker and serves as the back of the shaker. The larger piece is the front of the shaker. Use a Layering Circles Framelits die to cut a hole in the front piece. Attach a piece of Window Sheet (acetate) to the back of the opening to create the front of the shaker.
- Step 2 – Attach Foam Adhesive Strips to the acetate. Place the strips around the perimeter of the opening and along the edges of the front piece. Make sure to put them on the back side of the front piece.
- Step 3 – Decorate the inside of the shaker. I used a piece of DSP to provide a background and popped up a panda using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I poured on the sequins. Remove the protective backing from the Foam Adhesive Strips and adhere the front piece to the back piece.
Want to see another shaker card & tutorial? Click here to see the lovely Jar of Love Faux Shaker Card (and its tutorial) I made last year.
To add the finishing touches to this card, stamp a little confetti along the edges using Stampin’ Up! Classic Stampin’ ink in colors that coordinate with the DSP. Create a sentiment banner using the Birthday Banners stamp set and Bunch of Banners Framelits dies. To dress up the ballon, punch a balloon from the DSP using the Balloon Bouquet punch and add bling with sequins. Attach the shaker to the card base and then decorate ti with the pandas, banner and balloon. All done!
Wave Goodbye! The Pandas and Bubbles Are Leaving Soon
These precious partying pandas (say THAT 10 times fast) and the perky Bubbles & Fizz DSP are leaving when Sale-A-Bration ends on March 31st. Both are $50-level Sale-A-Bration Rewards. When you purchase $50 or more (before tax and shipping) you can get either one of these for FREE during Sale-A-Bration. To learn more about how Sale-A-Bration works and to see all of the available rewards, click here. Shop Stampin’ Up! through my online store and you’ll also earn my free Stampin’ With Pixie Host Gift when you reach the $50+ order level.
The colors used on this card were pulled directly from the Bubbles & Fizz DSP. They just make me smile. Happy little colors!
Did You Enjoy This Post?
If you did, then please be sure to:
- Receive a tutorial when you subscribe to the Stampin’ With Pixie monthly newsletter and/or blog updates. Subscribe here.
- Save up to 70% at the Clearance Rack.
- Save 10% on Bundles!
- Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube.
Peace, Love and Two paws Up!
This 2016-2018 Stampin’ Up! In Color From The Heart card set celebrates the soon-to-retire 2016-2018 In Color Collection.
Show Them Love
The 2016-2018 In Color Collection retires at the end of May. I am going to miss them when they are gone. This versatile card set boldly celebrates these colors.
They Will Go Fast
So here’s the thing – when the color collection retires, all of collection-specific coordinating products retire too! All the ink pads, makers, pencils, embellies, paper etc. *sad face emoji* They will sell out really quickly in April and May when word gets out that they are retiring. Don’t miss your chance to get Stampin’ Up! goodies in this color collection. Shop early – click on each card image to shop my online store for all the 2016-2018 In Color products associated with that color.
2016-2018 Stampin’ Up! In Color From The Heart Card Set Tips & Techniques
Watercolored Background Easy Peasy
Truth – water coloring is REALLy hard for me. Even simple splashy splotches become a waterlogged mess. Not so with the oh-so-funtastic Work of Art Stamp Set. Tip: create different color intensities by occasionally stamping off before stamping on the cardstock. Stamping off means inking the stamp and then stamping on scrap paper one or more times to remove some ink from the stamp.
Cutie-pie Birdie & Sentiment
The adorable bird came from the 2018 Occasions Petal Palette stamp set. LOVE this stamp set. Isn’t the font on the sentiment (also from the set) adorable? It looks great with the hand-painted appearance of the birdie. BTW – Petal Palette is available bundled with the Petals & More Thinlits Dies. Save 10% when you buy the Bundle.
Bold Sassy Flowers and Vine
The colors on the card are so rich and vibrant that the stamped images needed to be bold and sassy. the images in the Falling Flowers stamp set are definitely sassy. The vine and the flower both come from this set. The flower was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored using Stampin’ Write Markers including the 2016-2018 In Color marker set. The flower was die cut using the coordinating May Flowers Thinlits dies.
The design of this card set was inspired by a Sandi MacIver creation. She is an amazing lady who has been an inspiration to me for many years.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used
- Sale-A-Bration ends next week (March 31). Stampin’ Up! has released a third and final set of rewards. See all the Sale-A-Bration rewards and learn how to earn them here.
- Earn the Stampin’ With Pixie March 2018 Host Gift through March 31. Click here to see the gift and learn how you can get one.
- Subscribe to the monthly Stampin’ With Pixie News Flash (newsletter) to receive the latest Stampin’ Up! and Stampin’ With Pixie news and special offers. You’ll also receive a free exclusive tutorial. You can also elect to get Stampin’ With Pixie blog posts delivered directly to your Inbox. Click this link to subscribe using the “Subscribe Here” field on my blog homepage.
- Follow Stampin’ With Pixie on Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.
Thanks for stopping by. Have fun making the 2016-2018 In Color From The Heart cards. Peace, love and two paws up!